harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors when Compiling gc_gen separately
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 01:23:16 GMT
Fernando, thanks for the try. You probably should be able to figure
out the issues. :-)

The first couple of lines state required header files are missing:

src/common/gc_common.h:25:21: error: cxxlog.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_common.h:26:23: error: port_vmem.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_common.h:28:31: error: platform_lowlevel.h: No such file
or directory
src/common/gc_common.h:30:24: error: open/types.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_common.h:31:24: error: open/vm_gc.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_common.h:32:21: error: open/vm.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_common.h:33:21: error: open/gc.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_common.h:34:25: error: port_malloc.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/common/gc_for_class.h:26,
                 from src/common/gc_common.h:36,
                 from src/common/collection_scheduler.cpp:18:
src/common/gc_platform.h:26:25: error: port_atomic.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_platform.h:28:27: error: port_barriers.h: No such file
or directory
src/common/gc_platform.h:40:22: error: apr_time.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_platform.h:41:24: error: apr_atomic.h: No such file or directory
src/common/gc_platform.h:43:31: error: open/hythread_ext.h: No such
file or directory

The header files missed shown above are basically in two categories:
1. platform (in)dependent stuff, like platform_lowlevel.h,
port_atomic.h, apr_atomic.h, etc.
2. vm (in)dependent stuff, such as those under open/ directory. They
define the interfaces or contract between GC and VM.

For 1, I believe Parrot has similar stuff for platform independent
interfaces, though it doesn't use apr or port. You can help to figure
out what are the specific functions used by GC and try to wrap them
into gc_gen/common/gc_platform.h.

For 2, these are the true stuff needing helps from Parrot community.
We need understand the interfaces provided by Parrot for memory
management, and try to match them with Harmony interface. It would be
great if you can sort out the interfaces of the two VMs.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com