harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Harmony-gc-5] Help from Parrot Community
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 01:01:51 GMT
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Senaka Fernando <senakafdo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  The parrot community is interested in helping me with the project in sorting
>  out issues on the Parrot side. Mark Glines, mark AT glines DOT org,
>  volunteered to help me with some issues that may crop up. According to what
>  I have gathered Parrot has the ability to plug in a new GC, and, Mark
>  explained how it could be done. They like Harmony's contribution, in two
>  folds.
>
>  1. Getting to know whether their end works as they expect, meaning that
>  whether it is possible to plug alternate GCs
>  2. Making it possible for new GCs to get plugged in, such as the Harmony GC

This is great. Is the discussion public in Parrot mailing list? I'd
like to be involved in the discussions if possible, since Harmony GC
has a set of well defined interfaces with VM, it would be good to have
a comparison with Parrot GC/VM interfaces.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com