harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Okonechnikov Konstantin" <okko73...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:18:47 GMT

> Okay, so, HARMONY-5500 is to unify the two IRBuilders. Nice. Good idea
> too)) What is the time estimate for Kostya to do this? we should
> consider it when deciding the scope of the work.
>
> I like that Kostya is now aware of what IRBuilder does, how it
> interacts with translator, simplifier and InstFactory. This is
> important to know either way. So the time spent on this is not lost
> anyway.
>

> > I agree this is difficult to imagine an HLO pass which needs
> > simplification on the fly. But I insist it is needed at the
> > translation.
>

> now I see your point even better
>
> --
>
> Egor Pasko

Due to latest discussion I have modified my proposal wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/general/WikiTranslatorRefactoringProposal
It's pity that I wasn't in time to do the same with GSoC proposal, but it
was too late already.
Nevertheless now I focus
my efforts on translator (first steps are prepass and data analysis).
BTW, perhaps this wiki requires some modification too (item 4)
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/JIT_Development_Tasks

--
Best regards,
           Okonechnikov Konstantin