harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Okonechnikov Konstantin" <okko73...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 11:55:47 GMT
On 4/7/08, George Timoshenko <george.timoshenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okonechnikov Konstantin wrote:
>
> I have some good news: Simplifier and CSE removal from IRBuilder is
> > accomplished.
> > 1) What is done:
> > - Simplifier* IrBuilder::simplifier and all connected methods are
> > removed or
> > modified
> > - CSEHashtable IrBuilder::cseHashTable and its methods are removed
> > - Instruction generation doesn't include simplification and hashing
> > anymore
> > - DoSimplify, DoCSE flags are removed from IRBuilderFlags
> >

> That's awful. I see the discussion too late.
>
> This is much easier to destroy rather than to improve.
> Does irBuilder simplify/hvn ability prevents you from writing new
> translator?

I thought that the problem was that it
is not easy to reuse IRBuilder, and if simplifier and hvn has the same
funcionality as IrBuilder built-in optimizations, why it is so
improtant to leave it?
I am a bit confused. As Egor and Alexei
I will appreciate clarification and explanation very much. What is the
better way to improve IrBuilder?