harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Okonechnikov Konstantin" <okko73...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:27:39 GMT
Egor, Ian thanks for helpful information.

I have some good news: Simplifier and CSE removal from IRBuilder is
accomplished.
1) What is done:
- Simplifier* IrBuilder::simplifier and all connected methods are removed or
modified
- CSEHashtable IrBuilder::cseHashTable and its methods are removed
- Instruction generation doesn't include simplification and hashing anymore
- DoSimplify, DoCSE flags are removed from IRBuilderFlags
2) Results: WinXP/x86/ia32
     Jvmti, CUnit, Smoke tests passed
     Some kernel tests failed, but they appear to be the same as with
unmodified IRBuilder, I am investigating this problem.
3) TODO: rebuild on Linux; play with OPT chain;
examine carefully instructions, determine which are not required in IrBuilder
(as I suppose so called SIMPLIFIER GEN instructions have to be carefully
investigated); make more thorough testing

I 've read information on how to commit, but didn't find some facts. What
are the requirments for commiting the
code?  Are there any branches for unstable code?

Unfortunately I have bad news: due to some technical problems I can't
access temporarily SVN repository and checkout the code. I was modifying the
IRBuilder using stable snapshot (r629320). As I found out from browsing
Harmony Repository
online, since r629320 2 patches were implemented to IRBuilder ( r636777,
r645073). So I suppose, when I am able to checkout the code, I will
need to implement them. I am not sure, maybe this is not a big problem,
nevertheless... hope it's not that difficult to handle :)