harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Okonechnikov Konstantin" <okko73...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:02:28 GMT
On 4/2/08, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Actually I have already started with IRBuilder refactoring and
> completely
> removed Simplifier from the code, tested on HelloWorld. (maybe I
> should try more complicated tests)
>

> Sorry for a dumb question. Have you turned OPT on? (May be this does
> not matter, I'm not a JIT guru)
>
> It matters! OPT translator (which is supposed to be refactored) uses
IRBuilder to create HIR.
Currently I use Xem:opt for testing ( standard opt emoconf file without any
modifications).

Again about generators: can't say yet anything
particular, I am not very familiar with this technique,
need to take look at it
. Specific translator implementing is clear to my mind, and I think there are
ways to make it maybe not reusable, but good-structured and
convinient for modification and evolution.

Best regards,
             Okonechnikov Konstantin.