harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <senaka...@gmail.com>
Subject [harmony-gc-5]updates on Parrot GC
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:22:11 GMT
Hi all,

First of all I'm sorry for not being in touch for the last two days, as I
went on a trip. I indeed took part in the weekly Parrot meeting. There
weren't any important discussions during the IRC meeting regarding the GC,
due to Allison not being around and the YAPC, 2008. BTW, I also got myself
involved with improving Parrot's C++ build system. Parrot at present doesn't
build with g++. This approach of mine has two intentions.

1. Get better support by getting more involved. Even at the present I know a
number of Parrot devs by frequently hanging out on their dev list and IRC
channels. Doing some more means better attention.

2. I can first pluggin Harmony in C++ Parrot, this makes things easier to
begin with. The migration to C will be rather easy this way.

I also have got myself a voluntary full-time mentor on the Parrot side, Mark
Glines (mark AT glines DOT org), in addition to others who'll be helping me
out. I'm also in touch with Allison and Chromatic, who are in charge on the
Parrot GC development activities.

I will send a description on the Parrot GC system and present GC shortly.

Regards,
Senaka