harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <senaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparison of Harmony GC_Gen vs. Parrot
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 04:47:50 GMT
Hi Alexei,

My thought was to match each and every portion of API that Parrot would
expose to a external party. So, at the moment, I believe that everything in
dod.h might not necessarily be external API. So perhaps I should categorize
the document in to two sections. I have also mailed the link to the Parrot
community, they are yet to comment.

I also see the need to confirm whether the methods used for marking,
sweeping, and reclaiming aren't used by any other component etc. at the VM
level. For instance, they do have a concept of Arena, which is not a part of
the GC, but which is tightly related.

Thanks,
Senaka