harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Salishev" <sergey.i.salis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni][performance] Improvements in Collections
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:46:34 GMT
Nathan,

I don't think anyone will notice the hash map size rounding. It can lead to
some memory overhead in very rare cases the user creates hash map with the
exact size. But in the most common case where the map is created with
default size the rounding will not change the behavior at all as it's in
agreement with the standard 2x growth policy. On the other hand size
rounding gives substantial performance boost on all gets.

Thanks.
Sergey.