harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] freeze for M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:42:27 GMT
On 4/25/08, Vasily Levchenko <vasily.v.levchenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > <SNIP>
> > > Let me make a concrete suggestion.
> > >
> > > We feature freeze today, and start a code freeze on Mon 28th April.
> > > We can expect testing and bug fixing to continue for at least one week,
> > > until Mon 5th May, then we have final vote and distribution probably
> > taking
> > > until Fri 9th May.
> > >

> > Wow, it is so easy! Tim, where you have been 2 weeks ago! :-)
> >
> > Well, I'm afraid it is too late for Eclipse but anyway ... hey,
> > Eclipse folks if you are still reading this thread could you let us
> > know if it works for you or not?
>

> First of all I'm glad to say thank you for great work done to enable Harmony
> technologies in Eclipse and understanding the significant of momentum.
>
> We need some binary package to be officially published on
> harmony.apache.orgto meet Eclipse IPZilla requirements that revision
> number has some official
> status (like M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP).

I'm afraid we came to the initial point - the request to make "an
officially released binary package". So I have to agree with Tim -
this is not possible to make *any* "official release" right now.

We tried to do our best to satisfy your request and did a several full
testing cycles to test the verifier code. AFAIK all know verifier
issues have been fixed in r651296 - you may take this revision for
your evaluation if you wish. But it is not "officially released
revision" - it has not gone through our formal release procedure.

Thanks,
Stepan.