harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] freeze for M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:46:18 GMT
On 4/24/08, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct. 15 tests passed. As for your suggestion of adding a
> regression test, I'm not yet convinced we should duplicate VTS tests
> as regression tests.

Well, I guess that java.lang.String class is used (and 'tested') by
most of our tests but this doesn't mean that there is no need in a
separate unit test for this class. And when one issue causes a lot of
tests to fail then IMHO a separate regression test doesn't duplicate
all of them. BTW, regression tests are included into integrity testing
cycle and VTS tests are not.

> BTW, I have evaluated the other problem a bit. The problem is due to
> the virtual method constant pool entry resolution. Does this ring a
> bell?

I don't know how critical it is and connected with the last changes in
the verifier.
I think we should ask DRL VM gurus for help.

> #2: InterfaceMethodref class:
> 25=org.apache.harmony.vts.test.vm.jvms.instructions.invokeReturn.invokeinterface.invokeinterface07.invokeinterface0703.invokeinterface0703pInterface
> name_and_type: 24=<virtualMethod (short)int>
>
> This is still a regression, but probably an older one (since all your
> runs use a release build).

IMO this is not an old regression - all VTS tests passed on r649545
(on the snapshot built before changes in the verifier code).

Thanks,
Stepan.

<SNIP>