harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing scheduling
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 04:32:34 GMT
Hi folks,

As I understood the thread it is doable to make interim release
targeted to assist inclusion of Harmony verifier to the nearest
Eclipse TPTP release. Let me share my understanding of the request and
a possible way to resolve it (please correct me if I'm wrong): The
Eclipse team needs an 'official' (i.e. published on the web-site as
milestone build) Harmony release. The Eclipse team only interesting in
changes in verifier since M5 so the main criteria for the interim
release is no regressions in verifier functionality (i.e. I assume
that not critical regressions are acceptable for interim release. I
believe that is important for having a shorten freeze/test/release
period for the interim release)

So I think we may consider:
- making sure that all artifacts required are in place (i.e. committed
to the trunk)
- declaring short code freeze
- running testing cycle to see if there are any issues with verifier
and overall code.  (BTW, are there any know issues with verifier that
needs to be fixed?)

Having said that I thought that we are testing up to 6 snapshots per
week so we may pick up any interim snapshot that has everything
required and shows good testing results, make it 'official' - i.e.
publish it ... with proper label - M5.5_Eclipse or something else to
avoid confusions and to state clearly that the release it targeted to
the Eclipse TPTP release.

Does it make sense and works for all parties?

The only issue that still unclear for me is ABI requirements: has the
Harmony team build/test the code to satisfy ABI or you can do it?
(Alexey Petrenko asked this before but I don't see any answer)

Thanks,
Stepan.