harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Megha Chauhan" <megc...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying String Class
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:13:06 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to modify the String Class and have added one more field which
keeps a copy of the value field.
I have added this field to all the constructors and it works fine when
creating an object with 'new' keyword.
I am having trouble getting this to work with constant strings. I have tried
to add this to vm_strings.cpp init_fields() method.
I have also tried to initialize the field in VM.intern() after the string is
returned from internmap.intern() but in this case the VM is not able to load
and crashes.
Can someone tell me what needs to be done to add a new field to String.java
and make constant strings have that field?
Thanks
Megha