harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Bartek Teodorczyk" <bar...@barteo.net>
Subject [announce] Java ME contribution
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:59:13 GMT
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce contribution part of the Microemulator
(http://www.microemu.org/) project to Apache Harmony. Microemulator is
a Java ME implementation but also emulation layer that allows to
execute CLDC/MIDP applications (MIDlets) on standard Java SE.

I've been involved into that project for almost 7 years, not always
full time though. In the latest release we achieved quite good
coverage of implemented JSRs: CLDC, MIDP2, JSR-75, JSR-135 and others.
It is however far to complete and of course we've never been able to
even touch the TCK to verify our implementation.

Unfortunately, we are not able to contribute whole the project but
only parts that meet the Harmony ACQ requirements. That makes
potential integration with Harmony much more difficult, current
contributed code doesn't even compile successfully. I hope you'll find
it useful though, and I'm always open to answers any questions
concerning the Microemulator (as far as I'm allowed to).

Regards,
Bartek Teodorczyk