harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Berezhniuk" <ilya.berezhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] a real M6 (feature freeze today) Was: freeze for M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:13:12 GMT
I've found a cause of problems with HARMONY-5617 patch.
Extensive testing has showed that shared memory is not a good choice
for sharing data between static library instances - shared segments
are not deleted after program termination, and there is a system limit
for shared objects.

Now I'm working on another way - with using shared library as a
placeholder for unique data. But this new approach will also require
accurate testing, so I propose making M6 without HARMONY-5617 changes.

Thanks,
Ilya.