harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Prakhar Goyal" <prakhargo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] updated Harmony GC quick hacking guide
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:49:47 GMT
Xiao-Feng,

Thanks for the earlier reply.

I read your notes on parallel garbage collection given on your blog and
found it very interesting.

Mapping collector optimizes the phases further. Does it really affect the
optimization very much ?

I also followed the essentials by reading the file:
http://people.apache.org/~xli/presentations/parallel_garbage_collection.pdf

I really want to contribute to the ongoing work in GC. Kindly notify me of
the same, if any possibility appears.

I would be highly interested in joining as a contributor to this project in
Google Summer of Code.

Thanks & with regards,
Prakhar Goyal
Dept of Computer Science