harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni][performance] Improvements in Collections
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:21:28 GMT
Ok, let's start over. Current implementation of *HM does not guarantee
the storage size is 2^k. On the other hand such the requirement is the
_prerequisite_ for performance optimization done in the patch. Thus
the rounding code is the essential part of the patch and can't be
removed. Removal of this code will lead to performance degradations.
We can inline this method into computeCapacity for convenience reasons
(I'm sorry now I hadn't done that already).

Is there any problem with my arguments?

Thanks,
Aleksey.