harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni][performance] Improvements in Collections
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:41:24 GMT
Thanks Jimmy!

MTHarness is custom-made multi-threaded harness capable of running
several workloads. For example such the workload could be SerialBench,
inspired by JBoss serialization benchmarks. You may find the bundle
and details here [1], I'm working now on integrating of this benchmark
into BTI.

The reason why I justified the patch with SerialBench is that
IdentityHashMap and WeakHashMap are both heavily used in
ObjectInputStream/ObjectOutputStream and ThreadLocal. These patches
give significant boosts on such the workload.

Aleksey.