harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] a real M6 (feature freeze today) Was: freeze for M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:46:26 GMT
Ilya Berezhniuk wrote:
> I would like to finish HARMONY-5617. Now the problem is just workarounded.
>
> Although it's a bugfix, actually it includes changes in VM signal
> handling to make it platform-independent, and moving stack and guard
> page operations and OS-level threading to porting layer - so I think
> it should be considered as a feature.
>
> The patch is almost ready - I'm now investigating the last
> intermittent problem with SIGUSR2 handling. Also I want to check
> performance impact of the patch - this can take few days.

Thanks for the heads-up Ilya.  Clearly there is work in-flight that we
need to complete before calling for the feature freeze.

Let's wait to see if anyone else has any major items in their immediate
plans, and set a feature freeze date based on what we learn (i.e. it
will likely be during next week).

Regards,
Tim