harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] freeze for M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:54:48 GMT
Vasily Levchenko wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/25/08, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>>> Let me make a concrete suggestion.
>>>
>>> We feature freeze today, and start a code freeze on Mon 28th April.
>>> We can expect testing and bug fixing to continue for at least one week,
>>> until Mon 5th May, then we have final vote and distribution probably
>> taking
>>> until Fri 9th May.
>>>
>> Wow, it is so easy! Tim, where you have been 2 weeks ago! :-)
>>
>> Well, I'm afraid it is too late for Eclipse but anyway ... hey,
>> Eclipse folks if you are still reading this thread could you let us
>> know if it works for you or not?
>
> First of all I'm glad to say thank you for great work done to enable Harmony
> technologies in Eclipse and understanding the significant of momentum.
>
> We need some binary package to be officially published on
> harmony.apache.orgto meet Eclipse IPZilla requirements that revision
> number has some official
> status (like M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP).

and I think the message is that there will be objections to creating an
'officially published binary M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP release'.

> Talking about M6, I've mentioned that we're very limited in time (end of
> April). If we'll lost this opportunity we have to wait approximately one
> year to start the process again.

I don't see any possibility of creating an M6 within the next five days.
  We can create one soon after, but if TPTP can't pick it up for a year
then I can't help that.

Regards,
Tim