harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] freeze for M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:49:02 GMT
Stepan Mishura wrote:
> It makes me sad :-(
>
> We ask another project to be more flexible but we are not ready to be
> flexible too - we scheduled M6 to mid of May and we couldn't move it
> to the end of April. We are discussing the request almost for 2 weeks
> (this time is enough to make full milestone testing cycle) and I've
> not heard any strong argument for having it in mid of May expect that
> we scheduled it to this date. ;-(

I have no objection to moving the date of M6 earlier, but I do object to
us declaring "M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP" as a convenience, less tested,
pseudo-release to circumvent the Eclipse legal process.

Yet it appears that even the code of interest is not stable.  There are
verifier bugs being fixed at the moment [1] which presumably mean that a
code freeze now for M6 would be unacceptable.

(A nit, but it actually takes us longer than two weeks, since after the
code freeze we historically test longer than one week, then we need time
to vote on the results and publish it, so its actually more like three
minimum)

It makes me sad that we didn't hear of this request sooner, or that TPTP
have a release more frequently than once per year.

Regards,
Tim