harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni][performance] IdentityHashMap implementation
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:24:47 GMT
> a) the re-ordering of often unchanged public methods - previously the
> public methods were grouped by similar functionality which seems logical
> to me but now they are in alphabetical order.  This makes the patch much
> bigger and harder to read.  If there is a good reason to re-order the
> methods, do it in a separate patch.

If it makes ANY SENSE todo such things, then you are NOT using good
enough tools. Have your IDE run the "Code outline" in alpha order if it
pleases you. The file itself should obviously be in functional groups.

Ordering after functional groups is _the_ way, not _a_ way.

'javadoc' also understand this: when making the html, in the first
block, listing the methods with the first sentence, it reorders the
methods into alpha order, while the second block with the methods with
the full javadoc is ordered as in the class. Perfect logic.

Alphabetical ordering of code - I'm getting aggressive thoughts by the
mere idea. Such evilness must be fought.

Endre.