harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] freeze for M5.5_Eclipse_TPTP
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:07:34 GMT
I'm really not convinced this is a good idea for Harmony, and my
concerns are in two parts:

1) Our schedule should not be dictated by an external project,
especially when it is their process that seems to be setting the
artificial time limit.  Why not show some flexibility to meet our dates?

2) Our principle delivery mechanism is source code.  While we make
binaries available as a convenience we should not encourage dependents
to put dependencies on our build tools.  They should take source and
compile it themselves for their own environment.

Vasily Levchenko wrote:
> $subj.

View raw message