harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue / workaround - running Maven2 using Apache Harmony
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:35:15 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Apache XmlSchema - Had issue with Maven needing another switch
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5745

Looks like that needs some understanding of Maven2/Surefire internals to
figure out what it is doing.  Probably a lower priority at the moment
since there is a workaround.

> Apache Neethi - Got rid of sun.misc.Service using code from Batik
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSCOMMONS-322
> - http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=648423

Ack - getting rid of references to non-API classes is goodness.

> Apache Woden - Filed bug in FileURLConnection
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5737

Now marked as FIXED.

> Apache Axiom - Filed a patch in ImageIO
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5738

Also marked as FIXED, thanks for the patch!

> Apache Axis2 - Checked in one fix in Kernel tests
> - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=648700
>
> In the Axis2/Kernel issue, the problem is when i use the following piece of code

>         Class clazz = Class.forName(args[0]);
>         Field[] fields = clazz.getDeclaredFields();
>         for (int i = 0; i < fields.length; i++) {
>             Field field = fields[i];
>             System.out.println("Field - Name        : " + field.getName());
>             System.out.println("      - Description : " + field.toString());
>             System.out.println("      - Type        : " +
> field.getType().getCanonicalName());
>         }
>     }
>
> I get a different output with Sun/IBM JDK1.5/1.6 compared to Harmony.
> This is not for a trivial class, but for one class in particular in
> Axis2 (org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext).

What output do you see on each?

> Still a long way to go to get Axis2 working under Harmony, just saw
> failures in adb-codegen module.

Clearly we don't have Axis2 in the Harmony build/test suite, but these
are all good bugs to find and fix on both sides.  Thanks for your work
in tracking down and reporting them.

Once it is running the Axis2 tests successfully the next step is to add
the automated tests into the regression suite to ensure it stays working.

Thanks,
Tim