harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [testing] How long we should keep test results for millstones?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:28:32 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
>> I do not think that we are really need any other test results then Mn-1
>
> I agree, keep the last Milestone for regression checking, and if you
> really want to be nostalgic keep the last two, but anything beyond that
> is unnecessary.

Why not keep everything? I guess the space it takes isn't quite the issue?

You can more easily see trends in the data with more than two
datapoints, uncovering more subtle regressions etc. And it may even have
a tint of "fun" to it, seeing how much better it became over time, for
each milestone, revision and version.

(Of course, these data can be recreated by checking out the older
milestones and run the tests again... but ..)

Endre.