harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][verifier] Using the Harmony verifier code for computing the StackMapTable attribute
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:05:02 GMT
Elford, Chris L wrote:

>  Unfortunately, we only acquired
> permission from Eclipse legal to use the M5 binary release so the fixes
> that are now in JIRA or head are unusable by us at this time.
>
>   We can go back to the Eclipse legal for permission to use another
> release/milestone of Harmony.

Seriously?!? What are these guys? Simply and only out to create work for
themselves? We're talking about two serious open source projects here,
and the Eclipse _legal_ have to review .. what, exactly? .. between
milestone builds? What, specifically, do they _do_ during this review?
Read, line by line, the SVN log or something?

(Be kind and note CAREFULLY: I have NOTHING to do with with Harmony -
I'm just lurking around on these lists. I just found this post ..
fascinating.)

Endre.