harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: source code into eclipse
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 20:43:24 GMT
Tharindu Mathew wrote:
> Everything builds except swing and support. Support needs the jetty jar.

Add the JAR files in working_classlib/depends/jars/jetty as external
libraries in the support project build path, i.e. jetty-6.0.0.jar,
jetty-util-6.0.0.jar, and servlet-api-2.5-6.0.0.jar

This should be raised as a JIRA, as we should have those wrapped in an
OSGi bundle for Eclipse to find them in the HDK.

> But I can't resolve the swing problem.
>
> Severity and Description    Path    Resource    Location    Creation Time
> Id
> The type com.ibm.icu.text.Bidi cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
> referenced from required .class files
> swing/src/main/java/common/javax/swing/text    AbstractDocument.java    line
> 1504    1207072096416    84608
>
> The above error appears in the project. Even when I link with the awt jar
> sperately. But since the plug-in container's dependencies are read only, I
> can't remove the awt project dependency from that.

I fixed the Bidi reference, but it seems there is still work to get the
SWING module back into shape (I guess the swing guys don't use Eclipse).

1) We need to import java_cup.runtime -- looks like this comes from
xalan, though I guess it is an implementation package so it's a bit
naughty to put a dependency on finding it there.

2) Why do we have BasicSwingTestCase and SwingTestCase etc. in the
SUPPORT module rather than in the Swing test directory?  It would help,
and they are not used anywhere else.  Any objections if I move it?

Regards,
Tim