harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Yakushev" <andrey.yakus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc][port] Porting Module document updated
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:24:49 GMT
On 4/24/08, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/24, Nadya Morozova <nad.morozova@googlemail.com>:
> > And a side question: are we ok with having the info in the source code?
> > should i move the info to the website?
>
> IMO this should be consistent in the first place; as we have most
> other docs on site, this one better be moved there too. Moreover
> Developer's Guide refers to missing "Porting Layer description
> document" - probably this one was meant.
> OTOH I must admit the doc is somewhat scrappy yet, not really informative.

I think that README and "Porting Layer description" should have
different content. README contains directory structure and "How to
use" hints. Description should overview architecture and relationship
with other components.

> > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Nadya Morozova <nad.morozova@googlemail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Alexey,
> > > Could you please log the outdated bits to the JIRA issue? I got the info
> > > from Andrey Y., and he seemed well-informed on the current implementation.
> > > Probably, between creating the patch and its commit, the code has changed :)
> > > If you were more specific at what needs to be changed, we can do so quickly.
>
> I know I was not very constructive in that comment, so already
> committed a quick fix at r651210.

Thanks for that. I really didn't read all the text, only changed parts.

--
Thanks,
Andrey