harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni][performance] Improvements in Collections
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:55:48 GMT
I know that people will notice; I have personal experience with systems that
included custom Map implementations were written because HashMaps grew too
large for small data sets (less than 2000, actually) and wasted a lot of
memory for the unnecessary capacity. Even the use of the capacity and load
factor didn't provide enough compensation in these cases.

-Nathan