harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] icu or apr-iconv, which coding library is better?
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:30:07 GMT
Huh? This post doesn't sound like anything in HARMONY-5692. We need
clear somethings up first.

1. apr-iconv is in the build as a dependency of log4cxx
2. there is no use of apr-iconv for charset encoding/decoding
3. HARMONY-5692, AFAIU is replacement of log4cxx with custom logger
implementation to reduce the build time

What's the value of replacing log4cxx with a custom logger? Reducing
the build time isn't enough for me - there have to be other ways to
accomplish that without sub-system replacement.

-Nathan