harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: federated build, classlib build - what am I doing wrong
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:26:31 GMT
> How are other people doing class library development
>  and continuous rebuilds?

Normally I do something like the following.

STEP0: open three different consoles.

STEP1:
console1> cd <top level trunk>
console2> cd <top level trunk>/working_classlib
console3> cd <top level trunk>/working_vm

STEP2:
console2> <do everything you need in classlib, build classlib>
STEP3:
console3> ant -Dhy.cfg=debug -Ddeploy.canonical.flag=true  # this
normally takes less than 1 minute since VM sources weren't updated
STEP4:
console1> ant assemble-artifacts # normally takes several seconds

After step 4 you'll have newly built JDK in <top level trunk>/target/hdk/jdk .
You may also replace step 3 with some custom-made script that manually
copies updated stuff from working_classlib/deploy/jdk/jre to
target/hdk/jdk/jre . If you are going to update something in jdktools
you may also need to open fourth console in working_jdktools and
rebuild it after each update (STEP3.5)

Regards,
Alexei