harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC2008] Application for harmony-swing-rtf
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:58:56 GMT
Johnny,

You may probably know that we are still trying to create a fully
compatible J2SE implementation. And RTFEditorKit is a part of the spec
whatever we like it or not. The task itself is rather complete and
separated from everything else so student is not obliged to know all
VM internals or every fine-grained detail of our Swing implementation.
This is why it was chosen as a GSOC topic.

In other words, while I agree that HTML support is not perfect and
there are a lot of good reasons to make it better we still needs RTF
too.

BTW if you like to help with fixing HTML issues you are highly welcome :)

Regards,
Alexei