harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write a graphical front-end for Harmony memory management
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:24:41 GMT
Hi Xiao-Feng,

AFAIK it's just a general-purpose JMX console with SWT front end. I.e.
it can manage everything that exposes JMX-compliant interface. IIRC I
successfully tested it with Bea Weblogic J2EE server and Bea JRockit
JVM. BTW, to be able to manage JVM internal resources you'll need to
enable its management agent for local  monitoring: "-Xmanagement" on
JRockit and "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote" on Sun. I'm not sure if
we have something like it in Harmony. These agents just provide the
access to mbeans from "java.lang.management" package. So its
management interface is limited to the functionality provided by
java.lang.management. Sun also has management console called jconsole
- see [1]. JRockit has JRockit Management Console.

[1] http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jconsole.html

Regards,
Alexei