harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm]how to debug harmony using vs 2003?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:14:49 GMT
On 23 April 2008 lyon wrote:
> hi all
> I intend to debug harmony using vs 2003.I open the file "drlvm.sln"
> under the "\working_vm\build\custom\msvc_2003". I build it ,Oh so many
> errors!
>
> the errors are as follow:
> fatal error c1083 : can not open inlucde file "apt_atomic.h": No such
> file or director.
> fatal error c1083 : can not open inlucde file "apt_dos.h": No such file
> or director.
> fatal error c1083 : can not open inlucde file "apt_strings.h": No such
> file or director.
> fatal error c1083 : can not open inlucde file "apt_env.h": No such file
> or director.

Currently MSVS projects are not really useful for building VM. In fact they
mostly contain a list of files that is useful for debugging and types and
symbol lookup (which doesn't always work correctly anyway). I think Jitrino
may be built using the project, all other components cannot and you can see
why. DRLVM currently uses 3rd party libraries built from sources, e.g. APR,
that have to be unpacked and compiled before VM can be built. MSVS projects
don't do this job, so it is better to use standard ant build system for VM.

--
Gregory