harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] credits updated Was: [general] removing people names from sources
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:15:43 GMT

On 22 April 2008 at 14:29, "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> Let's ask a waiter to serve a soup and flies separately. There were
> two different questions here.
>
> 1. Credits. I created a list on Wiki [1] so any unfairness could be
> easily fixed.

I have no real view on this.  If I wanted to see what someone
had done for the project, I'd write some scripts to parse JIRA
attachments/comments, mailing list posts and SVN logs.

> 2. Author removal. The patch [2] is ready. There was no consensus on
> the list about it. If one who raised the question in a separate thread
> few days ago is a true gentlemen, he would marry her, I mean, would
> facilitate some consensus before applying the patch.

[ My unmarried partner is pregnant for the second time so you can't mean
me.  But I'll reply anyway. ;-) ]

Personally I am very much against:

a) patches that remove authors names but make no other changes to files
unless that is the sole purpose of the patch, and

b) new author names being added now that the code is owned by the
community

I still think getting rid of them would be better but others disagree
and have good arguments.

But I am prepared to leave it to committers discretion.  I don't commit
many changes to drlvm and this is the main portion of the codebase with
author tags so it doesn't necessarily affect me that much.

-Mark