harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni][performance] IdentityHashMap implementation
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:25:34 GMT

On 23 April 2008 at 0:36, "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipilev@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Endre,
>
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Endre St=F8lsvik <Endre@stolsvik.com> wro=
> te:
> > Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> > > The reason behind all that changes is that entire IdentityHashMap
> > > implementation was thrown away and replaced by HashMap
> >
> >  Isn't it possible to actually record this fact using SVN, by
> > deleting the file, and then adding it again (or svn copy it from
> > HashMap) - so that it doesn't look like a *change*, but more what it
> > actually is: a remove, and then an add (actually, a copy)?
>
> Unfortunately, that's not usable, you might play around to see why. If
> you find a solution, please let me know :)

Fortunately, it is not compulsory to create patches with "svn diff".
I've just done:

1) apply your patch to a fresh checkout
2) cp modules/luni/src/main/java/java/util/HashMap.java \
      modules/luni/src/main/java/java/util/IdentityHashMap.java.orig
3) diff -u modules/luni/src/main/java/java/util/IdentityHashMap.java.orig \
           modules/luni/src/main/java/java/util/IdentityHashMap.java

The resulting patch would be much more suitable for attachment to a JIRA.

I'd still fix a few things about HashMap.java first though.
-Mark.