harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn:ignore properties update
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:38:10 GMT
On 16 April 2008 Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > Vasily Zakharov wrote:
> > > Don't anyone mind if I add the following files to svn:ignore
> > > properties, so that they don't get in the way when commiting/creating
> > > patches?
> >
> > No objections.
> >
> > > working_vm/junit*.properties
> >
> > Isn't that just an artifact of an interrupted JUnit run?  Probably just
> > delete your file, no need to add to ignore.
>
> Since these files are result of error then we definitely do not want
> to see them in svn repository. Right?
> If so why don't we want to add the to ignore list?

I think it is better to avoid such errors. When such file appears in your "svn
status" you would know that something didn't go right even if you didn't
notice it right away.
Files added to svn:ignore are files expected to be generated. Those files that
are not expected to be generated in normal circumstances _should_ be noticed.

--
Gregory