harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [build] seem broken Was: svn commit: r646720 - in /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm: em/src/ include/open/ interpreter/src/ vmcore/include/ vmcore/src/class_support/ vmcore/src/exception/ vmcore/src/jit/ vmcore/src/jni/ vmcore/src/jvmti/ vmcore/src/li
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:14:40 GMT
On 11 April 2008 Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Folks,
> I wonder how you get things compiled after this commit. Consider
> stack_trace.h. Where from could it get knowledge about hythread_t at
> void st_print(FILE* f, hythread_t thread) after vm_util.h header was
> replaced with ExpandableMemBlock.h which knew nothing about threading?

Yes I've successfully built VM on Linux and it works. Do you get compilation
errors or do you wonder about some type definitions? If you wonder about the
latter, I agree that there is no straight structure of VM/port/thread headers
and many headers include other unnecessarily, so some types that shouldn't be
used in some files are actually used there.

Rearranging VM headers to have a good and understandable hierarchy is a
challenge at the moment...

--
Gregory