harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vasily Levchenko" <vasily.v.levche...@gmail.com>
Subject Releasing scheduling
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:56:22 GMT
Hello folks,
Recently I and some Eclipse folks have finished prototyping java 6 support
for Eclipse/TPTP project using Harmony verifier for recalculation stack map
tables after instrumentation, thanks to Mikhail Loenko to realize our
requirements to extend verifier functionality. Unfortunately extended
functionality wasn't included  in M5 release  of HDK, so we're in position
when we need some official snapshot (intermediate release), because of some
difference in releasing cycles between Eclipse and Harmony. Actually we have
less then couple of weeks to launch legal review for binary contribution of
Harmony verifier in Eclipse CVS.

Additionally:
Eclipse have some ABI limitation for native code: Windows all code is
compiled with VC6, here I expect some incompatibility with Harmony binaries,
for Linux all sources are compiled gcc 2.96.
We're also interested that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5706 (introducing "C"
interface) will be on the trunk.

So the question  is:  is it possible to make special unscheduled but
official release to meet Eclipse legal and ABI requirements?
--
--vvl