harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:58:07 GMT
On the 0x41A day of Apache Harmony Okonechnikov Konstantin wrote:
> On 02 Apr 2008 01:53:18 +0400, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > what do you mean by requirements? they should optimize the code, that
> > is one requirement, but if they make things slower in some cases, that
> > happens too :)
> >

> I meant, is there anything specific about those passes that I should know?

Ah, I see, should've guessed that

> do they require ssa, for example, or any other passes to be run right before
> them? (compatibility etc.)

HVN requires SSA, Simplifier can work on both SSA and non-SSA. From
the top of my head I cannot remember any other requirements for hvn
and simplify. They can raise once you run tests in debug mode :/

If anybody remembers any problems with hvn and simplify not used
"properly", plz, speak up.

--
Egor Pasko