harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update on Parrot
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 13:41:17 GMT
On the 0x41E day of Apache Harmony Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you might already know, Parrot 1.0 is yet to be released. Thus, at the
> moment, some components on the Parrot end are not yet finalized. The GC is
> one such. Therefore, at the present, they don't really mind several
> improvements to their end, based on worthy requirements on our end that
> would in-return improve Parrot. The deadline for completion is somewhat
> near, around 1st July, according to [1].
>
> Also, they do have IRC meetings on development on the Parrot end which
> happens every Tuesday. I'm looking forward in taking part if I'm allowed in.
>
> [1] http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot_grant_from_nlnet

Senaka, this is really interesting! :) Thanks again for your active work!

Do you have a document describing the most tricky differences between
the two interfaces? I think that would help to converge the interfaces
faster. Just a very general advice, I have less than basic knowledge
in GCs, so, you probably would not want to listen to me :)

--
Egor Pasko