harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] why so many duplicates?
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:51:11 GMT
On the 0x422 day of Apache Harmony Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> 09 Apr 2008 16:44:43 +0400, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com>:
> > On the 0x41E day of Apache Harmony Egor Pasko wrote:
> > > Hey, Alexey (Varlamov),
> > >
> > > we have:
> > > common_resources/build/depends.properties
> > > working_vm/make/depends.properties
> > >
> > > both with same definitions for cpptasks. Why?
> > >
> > > and we have another depends.properties to kill my brains:
> > > common_resources/make/depends.properties
>
> The common_resources/build/* is deprecated, remains until jdktools
> build is not updated to use common_resources/make/* (I know I promised
> to do it, will do my best for M6).

OK, that explains a lot, many thanks!

> > > just tried to replace the gone download of cpptasks-1.0b4 to
> > > cpptasks-1.0b5, but failed :)
> > >
> > > unzip complains being not able to unzip to non-existing temp file,
> > > dunno why
>
> That must be due to missing cpptasks.jar inside of cpptasks-1.0b5.zip,
> the last appeared to be src only release. When we decide to upgrade,
> more proper would be hosting pre-built jar in our standard repo, I
> believe.

gosh

> > > I love this game
> Wanna ride? Go jump in! I know you're brave guy ;)

hm, I always feel myself like an awkward monkey when dealing with the
build. And awkward monkeys, as you know, are not very brave. Also they
cannot ride. But I will keep trying on as-needed basis :)

> > ping? :)
> >
> > ...common_resources/build/depends.xml:413: Can't get
> > http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ant-contrib/cpptasks-1.0b4.zip
> > to ...
>
> Looks like that mirror is no more. Updated url at revision: 646635.
> Thanks!

Alexay, thanks a lot for doing this!

but ... looks like another mirror is also not very kind:
 Error getting http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ant-contrib/cpptasks-1.0b4.zip

time to keep prebuilt binaries?

--
Egor Pasko