harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject IT Thoughts
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:08:21 GMT

Yes, The more I look at IT biz models, the more I worry about IT and Java
I also think that Apache must make sure their biz model is absolutely transparent.
Every project needs to be an island, so that if two projects are competing, Apache itself
is nothing more than a delivery vehicle.
Java is living on a knife edge, Sun competing with Apache is I think very unhealthy.
If either wins, Java loses.

Users I think are becoming very aware that products materializing now are designed more as
war tools, than for the betterment of Java. Clandestine biz models are not going to benefit
anyone.
Somewhere trust has completely broken down.

Suns biz model, I really dont like, I think its preditory, but then Apache's biz biz model
is a big unknown, so maybe Sun see's it as defending whats theirs... whatever the actual problem
is, the current trend seems to be on the low road for Java.

Vote for Java, not who's going to win.
Harbor for us means just that... that unfortunately attracts a little hate mail.

The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.