harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Timoshenko <george.timoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jitrino]assertion error
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:22:26 GMT
That assertion in RegAlloc is not related to the register allocation itself.

Such assertion means, that there is a use of operand that may be
undefined at the point.
You need to identify the problem operand and then track the CFG state up
to the stage where the operand appears for the first time.
(create a log with irDumps for all stages)

Estelle Liu wrote:
> Hi,all.
>   We tried to insert an instruction in HIR, and when the instrumented code
> run into Ia32RegAlloc2, the assertion  "assert(pspans[i].beg != 0);" in
> method RegAlloc2::Opand::update() failed. I wonder the possible reasons to
> result in this occasion, could anyone give some suggestion?
> Thanks very much!

View raw message