harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build] build class library in release mode with line numbers only.
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:34:41 GMT
On 3/4/08, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the distinction between a release and debug build in this case?
Building native is the most distinctive difference.
> From the point of view of the federated build and the classlib build,
> that is. Is release the default?
Debug is the default.for class library build and release is the
default for federated build. So, snapshots should be produced in
release I suppose.

> One concern is the loss of line numbers from stack information; is
> that lost too?
No, this is kept intact. Actually, the patch is just aligning our
build with what RIs provide.

> My other thought is that ALL of our builds are still "debug",
> including our milestones.
I agree with you here, we still didn't have "release" and all our
builds are development builds.

Pavel.

--
Pavel Pervov,