harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for GSoC'08 project
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:18:35 GMT
Hi, Maksim.

I am glad to hear that you are interested to implement missed
functionality in Harmony class library and I will be happy to support
you in this task: as mentor, as person who knows a little about
Harmony AWT/2D/Swing architecture and as committer.

However, I would agree with Tim that 100% complete J2SE 5
implementation is more realistic task for the summer of code.
Nevertheless, I am afraid that this task is not realistic enough for
one student for 3 months. You got a chance to improve completeness
significantly.

Tim and Alexei have counted most tricky areas already: RTF parser for
Swing, Drag-and-Drop, Clipboard support, javax.swing package
completeness (more then 300 unimplemented methods), javax.imageio and
so on.

Feel free to ask for any help.
Thanks in advance.

SY, Alexey