harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC2008] Application for harmony-swing-rtf
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:20:05 GMT
Aleksey,
Great job. Here are few comments:

1.
> at worst, cover the functionality of Sun's RTF parser, the first goal will be to conduct
black-box tests on Sun's implementation of RTFEditorKit.
I believe "worst" is not good for application, let's be positive. I
suggest we set a goal "to conduct black box testing of Sun
implementation, create a grammar under Apache license for one of the
popular parser generators, and create RTFEditorKit toolkit
implementation based on that grammar. The side goal of exposing such
grammar under open source license would help any java program to
conduct RTF parsing."

2.
> Test cases for all created Java classes and documentation.
I believe testing classes is enough.

3.
Please, add the parser from Eclipse team to you list. While we may not
want the third parser in Harmony, but this consideration might be weak
compared to the advantages of that parser advantages. BTW I believe we
are using ecj already for hdk.

4.
It seems that "" around URLs are not needed to get them work on Apache Wiki.

5. May be replace "mid-term evaluation" with "enabling <some test>
with RTF editor"? I've heard Sun has some RTF demo.

Thank you for your effort!

--
With best regards,
Alexei