harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC 2008: harmony-gc-5
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:47:27 GMT
Hello Senaka,

Welcome to the community. If I would set expectations for
harmony-gc-5, I would suggest that Parrot VM test base passes on
Parrot with XFL garbage collector plugged in. This includes subtasks
such as unplugging Harmony GC from DRLVM, adjusting GC interface and
code to work with object layout coded in Parrot PMCs* instead of
layouts accessed via java object virtual tables and resolving porting
layer and linking conflicts.

Thank you for your interest!

* Which are very different from Apache PMCs.

--
With best regards,
Alexei