harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: harmony-demo-1 status Was: [build] build error due to failing dependency zip (HARMONY-5609)
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:32:16 GMT
Hello, Tharindu, <Sphinks>,
I have digged a known problem myself a bit and made a step forward.
See [1] for more details.

As for the next step, after fixing [1] we come come to the failure of
the whole Swing subsystem [2]. I would recommend approaching this by
enabling unit tests for involved components. For example, the problem
in [1] involves JRootPane. Fixing the following tests is the easiest
way to understand JRootPane design and related problems. Note,
excluded tests may run nicely separately but fail when executed in a
loop, usually, due to resource leakage.

$ grep JRootPane working_classlib/modules/swing/make/*
working_classlib/modules/swing/make/exclude.common:javax/swing/JRootPaneRTest.java
working_classlib/modules/swing/make/exclude.common:javax/swing/JRootPaneTest.java

Thanks!

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Alexei Fedotov
<alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>  >  > So, you have successfully completed building Harmony, haven't you? I'm
>  >  > eager to know if you have succeeded with launching
>  >  > System.out.println("Hello, world") and FreeCol.
>  >  >
>  >  > Thanks!
>  >  >
>  >  > BTW, as for maven, the idea was around here for a while, see [1].
>  >  > [1] http://markmail.org/message/w4zcrcbqtl76ebsu
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Tharindu Mathew <mccloud35@gmail.com>
>  >  > wrote:
>  >  > >
>  >  > > On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:36 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com>
>  >  > wrote:
>  >  > >
>  >  > >  > Nathan Beyer wrote:
>  >  > >  > > On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Tharindu Mathew <
>  >  > mccloud35@gmail.com>
>  >  > >  > wrote:
>  >  > >  > >> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com>
>  >  > wrote:
>  >  > >  > >>
>  >  > >  > >>  > What did you have to download manually? The dependency
>  >  > downloads are
>  >  > >  > >>  > all automated via Ant targets. If that's not working,
then it's
>  >  > a
>  >  > >  > bug
>  >  > >  > >>  > or issue we need to resolve.
>  >  > >  > >>  >
>  >  > >  > >>  Yes, I've included them in the bug. This specific location
gives
>  >  > a
>  >  > >  > corrupted
>  >  > >  > >>  version.
>  >  > >  > >
>  >  > >  > > Did the checksum fail? We probably need to notify that team
of the
>  >  > >  > > corruption as well.
>  >  > >  >
>  >  > >  > I just tried downloading it again, and got a short version (4.8Mb
>  >  > >  > instead of 6.7Mb) so it failed our MD5 checksum.  However, our
>  >  > checksum
>  >  > >  > matches the one on the download site [1] so there is a problem.
>  >  > >  >
>  >  > >  > [1] http://www.apache.org/dist/xerces/j/Xerces-J-bin.2.9.1.zip.md5
>  >  > >  >
>  >  > >  > >>  >
>  >  > >  > >>  > Maven doesn't have any magical solution for mirror
usage.
>  >  > >  > >>  >
>  >  > >  > >>  Well it's not magic. But I noticed you have hardcoded
all the
>  >  > >  > locations of
>  >  > >  > >>  the needed jars.
>  >  > >  > >>  Dependency management is much easier in maven. If you
include
>  >  > multiple
>  >  > >  > >>  repos, it will check all of them for the jar needed.
and the

--
With best regards,
Alexei