harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Reminder: GSoC students are to submit their applications to Google Was: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:04:26 GMT
Hello, Tharindu, Edmundo, Thilina, Alexey (Shipilev), Ilia (Leviev),
Nelly, Maxim, Dmitry, and those I have missed in the list,

Konstantin's letter reminded me that we are getting close to March,
24, which is not just Vladimir Strigun's birthday, but also the GSoC
student application submission date. Getting the project from the Wiki
page [1] is not enough for you to get sponsored. The Wiki page only
contained ideas which allowed ASF getting mentoring organization
status, and it is up to you to come up with a final project
description fully aligned with your interests. To receive Google's
sponsorship, you have to submit your application with a project
description to Google at the beginning of the next week.

I believe that guidelines for writing applications will appear at the
project page [2], and there is no need to wait for them. Start working
with your mentor and Harmony community to make technical description
of your project look attractive for reviewers. Thank you in advance
for participating and for not missing a submission due date. :-)

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#harmony
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

[...]
--